Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Seattle...

Our first day we went into Seattle to the famous Pike Place Market. Finding parking for our monster truck was not easy but we found a lot about three blocks from the Market. I had worn my most comfortable walking sandals and we slowly made our way. The Market is very cool and colorful and we covered about all of it. Besides admiring the wares of the many vendors we saw the Pike Place Fish Market (although there was no fish throwing going on while we were there) and Rachel the Pig. We stopped and grabbed a small lunch at the Sound View Cafe...the views were great but the Salmon Bisque I had in Morro Bay far surpassed the Salmon Chowder I had here. Jack's soup and small salad was equally unimpressive. We wandered the market a bit more but by then my foot really hurt and I had to sit. We found an outside table at The Crumpet Shop, enjoyed a buttered crumpet with raspberry preserves, and people watched. My foot was grossly swollen and painful and there would be no more walking. Jack left me sitting there and went and got the truck. We were disappointed not to be able to spend more time around the Market and find a nice spot for dinner but it wasn't to be. We went back to Issaquah and decided my days would be spent off my feet.




Issaquah is a cute little city about fifteen miles east of Seattle with lots to see. Costco moved its headquarters to the area about ten years ago. Unfortunately, besides a few eateries, we didn't see much of anything that required walking...I had reached my limit. We did find a cute diner style place called 12th Ave Cafe. It's no longer on 12th Avenue, having moved a few years ago but it's good diner food. The RV park manager recommended a place called Malarky's. I liked the name so we tried it. It's just a sports bar but has decent food.  We also enjoyed breakfast one morning at The Egg and Us and I wondered if the name is a play on The Egg and I, a well-known 1940s era book set in the area.


We didn't get to see enough of Seattle but we enjoyed what we did see.


No comments:

Post a Comment