Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Heading South and More Family...

Our next stop on the road was Greensboro, NC. I lived there for 23 years and have two brothers still living there. Much as I hated leaving Michael, it was good to get out of the cold and away from the mountain driving! We stayed at Greensboro Campground. It is a former KOA, has a pool, but not a lot of amenities, and is right off I-40. We stay there whenever we visit Greensboro. It is also the only campground in town ;)

Baby brother, Ken was rather booked up for the week, but we did get one evening to visit with him, my nephew Matthew, and my niece Ciera. We met for dinner at Elizabeth's - the best Italian in town and an old family favorite almost since it opened thirty-some years ago. We had a great visit and dinner; it was so good to see them. Of course, we also took pictures with Blue Bear and Red Bird, but forgot to take any with us!

My beautiful niece Ciera is 9 1/2, just six months older than my granddaughter Katie.
They are cousins and friends, gymnasts and super-smart sweethearts!


 My nephew Matthew is a UNC-Chapel Hill alumnus. I am quite proud of him!


 My baby brother Ken with his baby!



My brother Glen is retired so we were able to spend more time with him and his Significant Other Joanna. They are renovating his house and we were excited to see the progress they are making. We were also happy to show off our home on wheels. We enjoyed a few meals together, including one at our usual place...Darryls. We loved seeing them!

As I write this, I realize we do a lot of eating out...something Jack and I both enjoy! 


Glen and Joanna
 And...photos with Bear and Bird...





We saw some sort of plane camped in our campground! I've never seen anything quite like it before.

 Next...a visit to Old Salem...

No comments:

Post a Comment