Monday, June 30, 2014

Wall Drug...

We arrived in Wall eager to check out Wall Drug...especially after all the signs we saw on along I-90. The original signs were modeled after the Burma shave signs, but the current ones remind me of the South of the Border signs along I-95.







We stayed at Sleepy Hollow RV Park. Nice enough, level sites, cable TV, cheap laundromat, and walking distance to town...but then it seems everything is walking distance to town! Wall is very tiny and I'm not sure it would survive without Wall Drug. I even saw a telephone booth!    

Wall Drug is a tourist trap, though bigger than I envisioned, but I like tourist traps! We got a free bumper sticker, I bought a Wall Drug beer coozie and Jack bought a T-shirt, though it doesn't say Wall Drug. We had the hot beef sandwich at the Cafe, which was good, and tried the donuts which were okay but not as awesome as I'd been led to believe. It was a fun place to wander around for an afternoon. Everyone should see it once if you're driving through South Dakota.



Speaking of driving through South Dakota...it's awesome. Not sure I had a mental image of what South Dakota would look like, but it's more beautiful than I could have imagined.




No comments:

Post a Comment