Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oregon...A River View and A New Washer/Dryer

We left Redding, CA and drove into Oregon. We needed some time to just relax and wanted to take advantage of no sales tax to finally buy my Splendide washer/dryer combo to replace the one that got fried last April. 

I usually pick our campground ahead of time using Passport America and RV Park Reviews. Sometimes the park is what I expect, sometimes it's disappointing, and sometimes it exceeds expectations. BridgeView RV Park exceeded expectations. It sits beside the Rogue River, just outside Grants Pass, in a little town called Rogue River City (pop. 2100). Georgia, the owner, is very nice and will go out of her way to please. When I called for a reservation, she wasn't sure if she had space for us for a week...so she asked for my number and a little time to figure things out and said she'd call me back. Fifteen minutes later she called back and told me she could fit us in for six days and, since the weekly discount is seventh night free and she didn't have seven nights available, she'd give me the sixth night free. She told me we would have a pull through site and our door would face the river and asked what we liked to do so she could have suggestions ready for us. 










When we arrived, she had everything we'd discussed on the phone written down. We were led to our site, which was riverfront, and guided into position.  As soon as I saw the view I knew I didn't want to leave. It's right off the highway and there is some highway noise but we could still hear the river flowing over the rocks and the geese squawking. 

Grants Pass is only eight miles away and has all the conveniences...restaurants, shopping etc. We had ordered my washer/dryer combo from Affordable Truck and RV in Grants Pass two weeks earlier and had it installed the day we left Oregon. They were very accommodating, even welcoming our dogs into their waiting area as we had no where to leave them...and their labor rates quite reasonable. All that and no sales tax!

We  definitely want to return and see more of Oregon...and maybe stay a month at BridgeView next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment