Monday, May 12, 2014

The Ups and Downs of Replacing Appliances...

The insurance was great...had check in hand less than a week after I made the claim! They covered the cost of replacements as well as installation charges.

We got a new Sony TV to replace the Sony in the living room and a Samsung to replace the Sansui in the bedroom. Unfortunately the back configurations of both TVs did not match the swing arm mounting brackets already in place :( Fortunately Jack was able to move the brackets higher, which solved the bedroom problem, but the plate that holds the living room TV covered most of the connections. He took it to a welder and had spots cut to allow access to the connections. Both TVs are now up and working beautifully. Jack did a great job!

I never did like the Frigidaire convection/microwave that came with our RV. It was 900 watts and I always had to add to cook times to get food completely cooked, so I took this opportunity to upgrade to a GE Profile Convection Microwave...in stainless! It was more expensive, but the money we saved by Jack installing the TVs made up the difference, so it's all good. I love my new GE...it cooks well and the stainless is so pretty!

I never realized just how much I love my washer/dryer combo until I was without it! There is not a Splendide 2100XC to be found anywhere in the country. I hate laundromats, I mean I really hate laundromats! Apparently the Splendide distributor is back-ordered on stock coming in from Germany. I called today and they told me to look for retailers to start getting them in mid June. I've been without a washer/dryer for a month now and it looks like I will continue to be without for at least another month...or more.

Actually, I have been able to do laundry at Becca's, which is way better than a laundromat but still requires gathering things up and going out to do laundry. It's nice when I can visit while I do laundry, but not much fun when she's at work and the kids are in school. Still, I do appreciate being able to do laundry there. Trouble is we are hitting the road in two days so now I will be forced to go the laundromat route. Did I say I hate laundromats?


No comments:

Post a Comment