Monday, April 14, 2014

Home Again, Home Again...

Now I really do feel like retired folks...we spent three winter months in Florida! We had some cold weather, but no snow and no ice. Works for me!

We really like the campground where we stayed in Pensacola, Pensacola RV Park. I think I wrote about it in an earlier post.  It's the first time we've left a campground and hugged the owners good bye! We will definitely return next time we head to Florida's Panhandle.

I had a birthday just before we left. We kept it quiet and low key. I lazed around most of the day and then we went to dinner at the Five Sisters Blues Cafe in the historic section of Pensacola. I liked the place and dinner was good, but the service left a bit to be desired. We're still looking around for the birthday gift I want...a camera. I love taking pictures and want something a step up from my phone...which actually takes pretty good photos.

We had gotten tickets for Cirque de Soleil/Verekai while they were performing in Pensacola. Jack has only seen them on TV and I'd never seen them. We looked forward to the performance for weeks...until the day finally arrived. The show started out great...then an interruption for "technical difficulties" which lasted about ten minutes. Another ten minutes of the performance followed by another interruption for "technical difficulties" and I started to get worried. After the third interruption they announced that the show wouldn't go on. What a disappointment! Now, I'm waiting for the next credit card bill to arrive and show the ticket refund.

Another thing we did just before we left was put two new tires on the front of the truck. Ouch! I had no idea how much tires cost for an F-450!  So we are over $800 poorer, but much safer. Necessary, but not my idea of fun shopping! Next, an inspection and new plates.

In the meantime, we arrived in Wilmington today...with a two day stopover in Savannah on the way up. Jack's back has been bothering him more and more, so we decided to come home for a bit and visit the doctor. A delay in our travels, but it brings the bonus of another visit with Katie and Jackson, as well as Rebecca. A great silver lining!

Tommorow...a visit with Becca, Katie and Jackson for me and a doctor's appointment for Jack.


No comments:

Post a Comment